(1) X Division champion Kenny King beat Zema Ion to retain the X Division Title. This was a pretty good set-up for the crowd with Kenny getting Zema's hairspray can at one point and spraying the ref's head. Zema did a lot of spots where he yelled at Kenny to not touch his hair, but of course Kenny then threw him down to the mat by his hair seconds after that, so it got the crowd going early on.
(2) Knockout champion Velvet Sky beat Gail Kim to retain the Knockouts Title. Pretty slow match, unfortunately, with a few awkward spots. The match wasn't really as interesting as the rest of the night would be.
(3) Wes Brisco (w/D-Lo Brown) beat Christian York. Brisco came through the crowd with D'Lo in tow. Pretty good spots during this match, as Aces & Eights worked well with the live crowd. For the finish, D-Lo distracted the ref, which allowed Brisco to low-blow York and get a roll-up victory.
(4) TNA tag champions Austin Aries & Bobby Roode beat Samoa Joe & Magnus to retain the Tag Titles. Austin and Joe started in the ring, but before they officially got rolling Austin did some heelish acts by picking fun at Joe's lack of physique. This prompted Austin to turn around while trying to show off his body, but Joe tagged in Magnus, and when Austin turned back around, he was shocked and surprised to see Magnus pumping up as much as he could to show off his physique. The match started after that, and, overall, this was a pretty good match with the champs retaining.
(5) Joseph Park beat Robbie E. Joseph was well over, but, overall, this match was a bit awkward. I think that's what they're going for, though, with the Joseph character being green and all. He seemed like he was doing things for the first time, which once again I think is the point. There were times when Robbie tried to shoulder-block or bodyslam Joseph and Park just stood there scratching his head as well. Park eventually won with a second-rope splash.
(6) TNA World Hvt. champion Bully Ray & TNA TV champion Devon beat Kurt Angle & Jeff Hardy. As for the match itself, there were the usual spots you'd expect from these guys. A hot tag after Angle hit an Angle Slam on Ray got Hardy into the mix. But, the match ended after D-Lo and Wes Brisco came out. D-Lo used a chain to knock out Angle, I believe, and Ray/Devon got the pin after that.
After the match, A&E entered the ring and started beating up Hardy and Angle. At that point, the rest of the TNA faces in the locker room (those that were there for the show anyways) came out and cleared the ring. Ray got on the mic again and asked if A&E wanted to fight all of them right now, and they all said yes. Ray then stared at the ring and started to count to three for them to run in at the same time. He got to two and then went "Oh, forget it" and dropped the mic. They left, giving the crowd a fake-out moment.
After the general show was over, TNA did the same "Hardy Party" that had been done at other live events lately where anyone could get a picture with Hardy in the ring for $20.
Recommend us on Google!